Essen BioScience, Inc.
- Status Prior Investment
- Location Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Industry Industrial and Life Sciences Technology
- Themes Life Sciences tools
- Investment Date May 2014
- Exit April 2017
Essen Bioscience is a leading provider of analytical instrumentation, software, reagents and services used in cell-based life sciences research.
Provides researchers unparalleled access to quantitative, kinetic cellular biology while improving data quality and streamlining image collection through automation of the cell analysis process.
Leading biopharmaceutical, academic and research institutions around the globe. Its products are used in labs focused on cell production, microscopy/imaging, assay development and screening.
- Talent: recruited key executives across the organization
- New Product Development: added new high-margin recurring revenue streams through commercializing reagents and consumables
- Sales and Marketing: doubled the size of the sales team while upgrading sales processes and related tracking information systems; launched application-specific marketing initiatives; greatly improved lead generation capabilities
- Finance and Infrastructure: implemented new financial reporting and information systems; upgraded to new manufacturing facility